The Kväll Cardigan by Jessie McKitrick
Buy the Kit (Yarn and Pattern) and save 10%
Inspired by a vintage curling sweater, the Kväll Cardigan is a cozy shawl-collared cardigan accented with contrasting stripes, and featuring good-sized pockets. The unisex cardigan is worked in pieces and seamed, then stitches are picked up and worked to form the buttonband and collar, which is shaped with short rows. The pockets are made by working with waste yarn on the front pieces; this yarn is later removed, the live stitches are placed on needles, and the pocket is worked in the round.
Finished circumference at underarm:
- 83 cm / 30.25” requires 6 skeins MC, 1 skein CC
- 92.5 cm / 33.75” requires 7 skeins MC, 1 Skein CC
- 102.5 and 112.5 cm / 40.5" and 44.25" requires 8 skeins MC, 1 Skein CC
- 122.5 cm / 48.25" requires 9 skeins MC, 1 skein CC
- 132.5 cm / 52" requires 10 skeins MC, 1 Skein CC
- 144 cm / 56.75" requires 11 skeins MC, 1 Skein CC
- 154 and 164 cm / 60.5” and 64.5" requires 12 skeins MC, 1 Skein CC *
- 174 cm / 68.5" requires 13 skeins MC, 1 skein CC*
- 184 cm / 72.5" requires 14 skeins MC, 1 skein CC*
* Kits for sizes 60.5" to 72.5" are available upon request
- Denim 5 and Irish Linen
- Damascus Steel and Beach Paradise
- Wheat and Nutmeg
- Old Growth Forest and Brass Tacks
If you would like to pick other colours for this project, you can find all of our colours for Lascaux Worsted here
25% Manx Loaghtan Wool / 75% Punta Arenas Wool
200 meters / 220 yards per 100 gram / 3.5 oz skein
gauge: 16 - 20 sts / 4 inches (10 cm) US 6 - 8 or 4.0 - 5.0 mm
While we make every effort to represent colour accurately, they may vary slightly when viewed on different monitors.
Dyed-to-Order: Please note that with dyed-to-order yarns you will need to allow up to 3 - 6 weeks for us to dye and ship your yarn. In addition, while we strive for consistency, due to the hand dye process variations may exist between (and with some colourways within) dye lots. Therefore it is important to order sufficient yarn for your project, and if a uniform result is preferred we suggest alternating skeins. We hope that you will value and appreciate the beautiful and unique creations of the hand dye process and are always happy to assist you in working with hand dyed yarns!